USER of the YEAR!. 2011

im wondering what you guys think of a user of the year award. for toms world wide... (not just the u.s as most of the contests seem to be for)

say an award for the best community reporter, or best sub forum contributer, who then gets the opportunity to be toms forum member of the year 2011.
i suppose you could set it up so people are voted for by either the forum or the site staff.

A special avatar is a great idea. Maybe the Best Answer ribbon and any copy-cat is rejected.

Who wins? The person with the most best answers for the year.

Edit: Ok, the animated gif is gone. Nobody said they liked it so it had to go.

well quality of post ist to hard... you just pick the selected best answer as they are the posts that helped the other forum members. but if you do it that way then it can only be decided by the mods...
if your gonna use a public vote then you ask for nominations from any member thats above the rank of newbie to make a selection of 10 members in there preferred sub forum/s and the member with the highest vote count goes on to the next round. you only need to give the first round 2 weeks and a week for the second and then 3 weeks for the final vote and winner announcement.

or if you think thats to much you can just stop at the sub forum level and the 1 that gets voted for the most wins although this doesnt really represent the the member of the year. more like members.

I think that will just promotes favouritism (like teachers picking the best student) because picking a single best user will have to involve certain degree of bias. There are so many good users out there contributing.

Also the criteria "best" is difficult to decide. Is this going to be based on number of points gained or percentage increase over 1 year, number of badges over 1 year, points to post ratio, significant knowledge and tutorial contribution?

Lets just leave the reward system mechanical. But if you want to know who is all time No. 1 in this forum, I can tell you that. It's rolli59.

http://www.tomshardware.com/forum/profile-129112.htm

jpishgar

Splendid
Overlord Emeritus
Dig this idea - but I can tell you right now it wouldn't be anyone from our forums. Though we've certainly got the volume here in the U.S., there are some users over in France on Tom's Hardware that... I honestly believe don't sleep.

TRENDING THREADS