[SOLVED] UserBenchmark bad results

Solution
Did you run the benchmark with anything opened or copying files or doing any task at all besides the benchmark itself?
You should quit everything and only have the benchmark running. Also you should see in your task bar if there's some apps running and probably disabling windows update for a moment to make sure it wasn't been used while benchmarking.
Also, the boost clock of this cpu is only hit at max in ideal circumstances, it depends on cpu temp, VRM temp and the task "difficulty".
Dec 30, 2019
It looks like you are not overclocking? Your system will be compared to systems that are. I expect a high percentage of 9700KF users test their systems after overclocking.

I am not overclocking, makes allot of sense though. Was just worried thinking its judging how the parts are performing.

Dec 30, 2019
I know userbench is crap and all, but it does have it's uses... like how it shows that the cpu isn't running the 4.6ghz all core turbo.

Are your cpu temps good?
Did you mistakenly disable Intel Turbo Boost in bios?

That is the base clock speed, havent touched it. How can i change it?

Dec 29, 2019
That is the base clock speed, havent touched it. How can i change it?
You might want to ask yourself these questions:
Do you really need the 5% to 10% OC gain on this cpu?

Are you willing to drop this cpu lifetime in case your temps are not below 80ºC in these circumstances?

Is it really necessary to go throught the process of learning how to change these options in the Bios or any software that your board already provide?

Aren't you already satisfied with the performance it gives you overall? Does it do the job?

(I understand your curiosity but sometimes is just a waste of time depending on your usage of your computer)

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
If you haven't touched anything in bios then it should be boosting normally, but then the userbench results should've shown a 4.6ghz turbo...

my cpu temp is at 40C
What is your cooler?

Are your motherboard drivers up to date? Windows too?

I game with it, I’m gaming right now and my cpu temp is sitting around 67 c and my gpu is sitting at 68 c, are these good temps?
Oh. Those are fine.

Dec 29, 2019
Did you run the benchmark with anything opened or copying files or doing any task at all besides the benchmark itself?
You should quit everything and only have the benchmark running. Also you should see in your task bar if there's some apps running and probably disabling windows update for a moment to make sure it wasn't been used while benchmarking.
Also, the boost clock of this cpu is only hit at max in ideal circumstances, it depends on cpu temp, VRM temp and the task "difficulty".

Solution
Dec 30, 2019
okay awesome! it spikes between 68 to 75c both for cpu and gpu, what celsius shouldnt it exceed and my cooler is
Thermaltake Water 3.0 360 ARGB Sync Edition CPU Cooler

Dec 30, 2019
Wait a minute... Those results suck.
If the cpu isn't even turbo boosting and you're getting those kinds of temps in game on a 360mm AIO... something isn't right.
sorry forgot to mention theyre the temps after i had tweaked the bios from normal to fast tuning. originally i was getting around 55 to 60c for both

Dec 29, 2019
sorry forgot to mention theyre the temps after i had tweaked the bios from normal to fast tuning. originally i was getting around 55 to 60c for both
Bewhare of those bios presets 'cause they are not always correct for each cpu. Also you might consider updating you bios if it's not already up to date.

Dec 29, 2019
Yes boosting between 4.2 to 4.8 it goes up and down and while gaming it spikes between 77 to 85c good or bad?
Well, even with the water cooling you have, it's normal. 9th generation is hotter because of the high frequencies. As long as those temps are only spikes and won't keep at 85+ while you're playing, it's all good. Try to run the benchmark now

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Yes boosting between 4.2 to 4.8 it goes up and down and while gaming it spikes between 77 to 85c good or bad?
Bad, actually.
Gaming loads aren't as hard as synthetic stress tests or more realistic loads by way of Cinebench.
You'd likely thermal throttle if you ran userbench even.

Remove the fast tuning preset. Go into bios advanced mode and enable the optimized defaults. Save and exit. Go back into bios and make sure Turbo Boost is enabled - it'll probably be in Cpu advanced settings/power settings or something like that.
Test the cpu again.

Dec 30, 2019
Bad, actually.
Gaming loads aren't as hard as synthetic stress tests or more realistic loads by way of Cinebench.

Remove the fast tuning preset. Go into bios advanced mode and enable the optimized defaults. Save and exit. Go back into bios and make sure Turbo Boost is enabled - it'll probably be in Cpu advanced settings/power settings or something like that.
Test the cpu again.
This is the results after me having the fast tune preset on https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23186924

Reactions: JoaoFael
Dec 29, 2019
Bad, actually.

Test the cpu again.
Actually some AAA games highly depend on cpu to run and can spike your cpu above the 80c mark. Obviously, there are variables to take into consideration like thermal paste, case airflow and water cooling configuration (both hardware and software wise). Saying it's not normal might be fallacious.