[SOLVED] UserBenchmark bad results

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Solution
Did you run the benchmark with anything opened or copying files or doing any task at all besides the benchmark itself?
You should quit everything and only have the benchmark running. Also you should see in your task bar if there's some apps running and probably disabling windows update for a moment to make sure it wasn't been used while benchmarking.
Also, the boost clock of this cpu is only hit at max in ideal circumstances, it depends on cpu temp, VRM temp and the task "difficulty".
Dec 30, 2019
Actually some AAA games highly depend on cpu to run and can spike your cpu above the 80c mark. Obviously, there are variables to take into consideration like thermal paste, case airflow and water cooling configuration (both hardware and software wise). Saying it's not normal might be fallacious.
Well the game this is tested in is Rust
Well, I guess you have you problem solved then
Yeah i guess, thanks for the help mate.

Reactions: JoaoFael

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Actually some AAA games highly depend on cpu to run and can spike your cpu above the 80c mark. Obviously, there are variables to take into consideration like thermal paste, case airflow and water cooling configuration (both hardware and software wise). Saying it's not normal might be fallacious.
I suppose such spikes can be seen as 'normal' when some people have poor cooling setups - not including the OP.
With good case cooling, the appropriate cpu cooler, and some tweaks here and there in bios, temps/spikes over 80C shouldn't be a thing - I don't care how demanding a AAA game can be.

This is the results after me having the fast tune preset on https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/23186924
What were your temps during these new runs?