[SOLVED] Userbenchmark "below expectations" and worse performance.

Dec 15, 2019
Hello, I have built a pc about 3 months ago(specs in the link),I have noticed that my components are performing "below expectations":https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/28160463. about 3 months ago, I ran a benchmark and I got a 108% on workstation, 98% on gaming, and around 100% on desktop, I have recently downloaded a motherboard driver from MSI dragon center and since then I had worse performance, I decided to format my pc, and then when ran a benchmark on userbenchmark, the results were worse. what should I do?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Agreed on ignoring the expectations crap.
Userbenchmark is run by Intel shills, and the app is biased towards Intel cpus.

IT DOES HAVE IT'S USES, but measuring performance isn't one of them.

The only thing out of place is that your 3900X's turbo was the same as the base clock.

Reactions: refillable

WildCard999

Titan
Vsync, Gsync or Freesync is typically the cause for low performance on the GPU, disable it.

During the benchmark I'd use the AMD Ryzen Master app to monitor the CPU temps as it is kind of odd it isn't boosting above the base clock speed.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

As for the results I wouldn't really worry, as @Phaaze88 stated the site is a bit biased. It does work well though in some situations were a system is poorly performing and the culprit was due to A/XMP not being enabled in the BIOS which does show up on the report. Low clock speeds could also be due to thermal throttling temps so Userbenchmark does have some usefulness.

Edit: I deleted the MSI Dragon software on my laptop(MSI GF63) and it increased performance a bit.

Dec 15, 2019
Agreed on ignoring the expectations crap.
Userbenchmark is run by Intel shills, and the app is biased towards Intel cpus.

IT DOES HAVE IT'S USES, but measuring performance isn't one of them.

The only thing out of place is that your 3900X's turbo was the same as the base clock.

wdym,I didn't overclock it, just a few times for some benchmarks, but it is in stock speed at all times.

Dec 15, 2019
Vsync, Gsync or Freesync is typically the cause for low performance on the GPU, disable it.

During the benchmark I'd use the AMD Ryzen Master app to monitor the CPU temps as it is kind of odd it isn't boosting above the base clock speed.
https://www.amd.com/en/technologies/ryzen-master

As for the results I wouldn't really worry, as @Phaaze88 stated the site is a bit biased. It does work well though in some situations were a system is poorly performing and the culprit was due to A/XMP not being enabled in the BIOS which does show up on the report. Low clock speeds could also be due to thermal throttling temps so Userbenchmark does have some usefulness.

Edit: I deleted the MSI Dragon software on my laptop(MSI GF63) and it increased performance a bit.

Yeah I know, I used ryzen master for some overclocking, the highest temp was 70c when I did that benchmark, I made a profile and I set it to 3.8Ghz that's probably why it said turbo 3.8ghz