Question UserBenchmark GPU Score WAY Below Expectations

erik62905

Prominent
Jan 17, 2018
So I just got a laptop (MSI GF63 9SC-257) with a GTX 1650 Max-Q and i5 9300H. I have been able to run games reasonably well and even got an overclock on the GPU (+115 Core, +330 Memory).

When I run the Superposition benchmark, I get a score ranging from 6100-6250. That is comparable to a desktop 1050 Ti. However, when I run UserBenchmark, the GPU runs great for the first 2 tests. Then it all goes downhill. It goes from around 150 FPS on the first 2 tests to under 20 on the last few.

The test told me the GPU was scoring in the 3rd percentile. https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/18197828

This happens every time I run the test. MSI Afterburner says the GPU usage went down to 0% after the first 2 tests.

Now I know that the GPU is performing very well and I don't need to run this benchmark, but I want to see the performance of it compared to others in the same category. (The whole point of the benchmark).

Edit: I think what's happening is Optimus activates after the first two tests, thinking the load is too light and disables the dGPU (even though it's a 3d application??).

Last edited:

ASK THE COMMUNITY

TRENDING THREADS