[SOLVED] Userbenchmark: Overall Performance below expectations.

Disconnect_132

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
Hello everybody,

I have now for several weeks the problem that I have in various computer games a low FPS number considering my system. My system consists of:
Intel i9-9900K @3.60GHz
16GB DDR4 RAM
Nvidia RTX 2080
Motherboard: Asus Prime Z370-A II
So now to the FPS problem. I read through some discussions and came to the conclusion that with similar setups in games like CS:GO you should have around 500 fps. But I never have more than 250fps, which sometimes goes down to 160fps. I only know the basics of PC's, so I don't know what the problem is. So I did a test with the program "User benchmark" and I was told that the general performance of my PC is far below expectations. Drivers are of course all fresh, I have already checked that. Enclosed I have hung the benchmark. Thanks for any help in advance!

https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/32742330

Solution
I have read that the life expectancy of the CPU is drastically reduced and it gets hotter due to the higher power consumption. I also have only one air cooling in a medium-sized Corsair case (I don't know exactly which one). Is it recommended to activate the Multicore Enhancement anyway?
While that might be true, the life expectancy is not a real concern as it will become obsolete waaay sooner than it gets broken.
I also have a computer in a tiny case. There are ways to regulate the amount of heat it generates. Underclocking and undervolting to name a few. My favorite utility for those is their own "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility". Even without those, the CPU will throttle down to prevent overheating. I would enable MCE and Intel...
Any reason why the XMP Memory profile is not ON?
Any reason why Multi-Core enhancement is not ON? 9900K can most likely run on 4.7~5.0GHz on all cores... What kind of CPU Cooling?
I have a similar system, air-cooled in a small node202 case (undervolted and underclocked GPU, underclocked CPU), I just ran the UserBenchmark so you have a reference...

Last edited:

Disconnect_132

Prominent
Sep 8, 2020
First of all, thanks for the quick answers.
I have now activated the XMP profile and the benchmark test already shows progress. But I don't see any FPS change in the games. A question about the Multicore Enhancement. I have read that the life expectancy of the CPU is drastically reduced and it gets hotter due to the higher power consumption. I also have only one air cooling in a medium-sized Corsair case (I don't know exactly which one). Is it recommended to activate the Multicore Enhancement anyway?

I have read that the life expectancy of the CPU is drastically reduced and it gets hotter due to the higher power consumption. I also have only one air cooling in a medium-sized Corsair case (I don't know exactly which one). Is it recommended to activate the Multicore Enhancement anyway?
While that might be true, the life expectancy is not a real concern as it will become obsolete waaay sooner than it gets broken.
I also have a computer in a tiny case. There are ways to regulate the amount of heat it generates. Underclocking and undervolting to name a few. My favorite utility for those is their own "Intel Extreme Tuning Utility". Even without those, the CPU will throttle down to prevent overheating. I would enable MCE and Intel Turbo Boost anyway and then deal with problems if any.

Last edited:
Solution

TRENDING THREADS