[SOLVED] userbenchmark says pc is underperforming in multiple areas and I don't know where to start

ben camelo

Prominent
May 9, 2020
Solution
Ok... do you have the case fans set up correctly?
open-grille.png
ideal.png

You have spare thermal paste on hand for the cpu cooler?
Clean off the old paste with alcohol and a disposable cloth, like those cleaning wipes. Dry it off with a lint-free cloth.
Then apply a little in the middle, and let the cooler mounting pressure do the rest.

USAFRet

Titan
The first step is to not use userbenchmark.com Badly flawed tool.

Second, they're telling you: "Sub-optimal background CPU (18%). High background CPU reduces benchmark accuracy. Find active processes with Windows task manager (CTRL+SHIFT+ESC). "

Third, aside from userbenchmark, what, if any, actual issues are you seeing?

ben camelo

Prominent
May 9, 2020
On games such as csgo and fortnite i get massive fps dips and i can barely run cs over 60 fps I used the afterburner monitoring tool and my gpu usage was getting just under 30

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Userbenchmark has it's uses, but measuring performance definitely isn't one of them. But I did notice:
1)Cpu turbo frequency is below the base. Likely thermal throttling.
2)Cpu background usage is moderately high. You did close the browser, games, etc, before running this?
3)XMP wasn't enabled for the memory, so it's running at 1333mhz instead of 1866mhz.

ben camelo

Prominent
May 9, 2020
how would i enable xmp is it in bios and no i didn't shall i try that also one more thing when i play games such as csgo and low end games i get massive fps drops and stutters could that be due to the CPU needing new thermal paste

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
The cpu cooler should be fine, unless you haven't changed the thermal paste in a few years...

Cyberpower Stryker... that's like a rebadged Cooler Master Stryker? Prebuilt System Integrators tend to do that.
How are the fans set up in the case? You got the front to back, bottom to top airflow situation going on?

ben camelo

Prominent
May 9, 2020
Yes I have that sort of setup I have 2 fans on the drives a noctue fan on the cpu cooler and another fan at the back of the case the top fan I had a 200mm fan and it stopped working

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
Ok... do you have the case fans set up correctly?
open-grille.png
ideal.png

You have spare thermal paste on hand for the cpu cooler?
Clean off the old paste with alcohol and a disposable cloth, like those cleaning wipes. Dry it off with a lint-free cloth.
Then apply a little in the middle, and let the cooler mounting pressure do the rest.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS