Userinit.exe - failed to intialize

Ben

Well, I have a friends computer im suppose to fix, XP home Edition sp1
Was running slow and all, and not in a pretty site... Ran Adaware SE and
found like 350 files or so in the urgent section...

all was fine until reboot, goes fine until you click on a user, then comes
up this message... - Userinit.exe - failed to intialize - and had some
code, (didnt write down)

How would you go about fixing this?
Or what Registry Keys could i look at to make sure its all good?

If i cant find a solution, i'm just going to do a windows repair, but would
rather a different solution if can...
quick one... if i do a windows repair, would it delete all the icky things
in registry?

Hi Ben,

This should help:
http://rickrogers.org/fixes.htm#Blazefind

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"Ben" <bbeeaannss@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Well, I have a friends computer im suppose to fix, XP home Edition sp1
> Was running slow and all, and not in a pretty site... Ran Adaware SE and
> found like 350 files or so in the urgent section...
>
> all was fine until reboot, goes fine until you click on a user, then comes
> up this message... - Userinit.exe - failed to intialize - and had some
> code, (didnt write down)
>
> How would you go about fixing this?
> Or what Registry Keys could i look at to make sure its all good?
>
> If i cant find a solution, i'm just going to do a windows repair, but
> would
> rather a different solution if can...
> quick one... if i do a windows repair, would it delete all the icky things
> in registry?

Ben

Thanks Rick,
Ill give that a go...
sorry bout mulitple posting, needed a reply and wasnt sure how long would
take, so tried a few... will only post one nxt time ;)
cheers