Username/Password prompt on Network Share

I have a shared folder on the network. The security permissions on the
folder include an AD security group that I created and the SYSTEM account.
The share permissions include EVERYONE with Full Control.

When logged in with a domain account (that is in that group), you can access
the folder fine. When logged in locally or with an account that is not in
the AD security group:

If we attempt to access this folder from a LAPTOP we get prompted for a
username and password.

If we attempt to access this folder from a DESKTOP, we get "You do not have
permission to accesss this network resource".

We WANT to get prompted for a username and password if not in the group, but
why are we getting prompted when using a laptop and not a desktop. (All
desktops and laptops using Windows XP).

Thanks!

Make sure that you are not logged onto a computer with a local account that
exists in the domain but has a different password. That may be one reason
for the behavior. Also keep in mind that XP computers can use stored
credentials, so check to see if the problem computer has stored credentials
with the wrong password to access the share. Also enable auditing of "logon"
events on the server and "account logon" events in Domain Controller
Security Policy to see if any failed events are recorded on the server or
domain controller that authenticated the user in the security log. Failed
account logon/logon events often give information on exactly why logon was
denied. --- Steve

http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/guidance/secmod144.mspx --
Windows auditing
http://www.microsoft.com/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/Default.asp?url=/resources/documentation/Windows/XP/all/reskit/en-us/prdp_log_vkxx.asp