"Users and Passwords" icon missing from Control Panel

The "Users and Passwords" icon has disappeared. I can still access
users and passwords from the CMD prompt (control userpasswords). I've
tried restoring a System State backup, but no luck.

Can anyone tell me where to look for a fix for this?

Ken

Try this:

Open 'Regedit' (registry editor)

Navigate to:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Control Panel\don't load

Check to see if any .CPL filenames are there. For example: 'nusrmgr.cpl'