Question Users have higher 3dmark score with same CPU GPU

AMDynamic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
Hi,

I've been looking at my 3d mark score and have noticed other users have a much higher score than me even when their stock gpu speeds are lower?

Why is this I don't understand what are they doing differently? I've tried to embed some screen shots but no luck but here are 2 image links.

The data on the right is mine and the left side is at number one in the results for the same or similar set up.

https://ibb.co/T0q9gHc

https://ibb.co/q1p08wR

Am I doing anything wrong or is this how it generally works on 3d mark, he seems to have over 1000 points total over mine on skydiver with higher fps

Thanks guys

WildCard999

Titan
What type of cooling do you have on your 6600? If you look at the clock speed of the other user it's boosting near the ful 3.9ghz while yours is at 3.6ghz. With the GPU there using a different driver version which could play a part in affecting performance.

hutchl

Distinguished
Apr 3, 2014
A lot of that is going to have to do with CPU differences. If someone is running a 8700k vs your system their score is going to be higher. 3D Mark is not just your GPU its your system performance in a 3D application.

AMDynamic

Distinguished
Apr 23, 2016
I use
What type of cooling do you have on your 6600? If you look at the clock speed of the other user it's boosting near the ful 3.9ghz while yours is at 3.6ghz. With the GPU there using a different driver version which could play a part in affecting performance.
I use akasa stormforce 3 4 pipes 120mm fan cpu is cooler than my previous 4590 Haswell. Don't know why there's such a difference in performance, and yes I did notice his boost was over 3.8

TJ Hooker

Titan
Ambassador
Other guy has faster RAM. Could make a difference. It's also possible he overclocked his CPU. There was a loophole that allowed overclocking non -K CPUs on Z170 boards for a while, don't know if the OC'd frequency would be properly reported by 3DMark. Or maybe his board had multi core enhancement on which might allow his 6600 to boost to 3.9 GHz on 4 cores. Normally it only boosts to 3.9 GHz for 1 core, or 3.6 GHz for 4 cores.