Question Using 1333 and 1600 RAM together?

Feb 6, 2023
Hello everyone! I have a computer with 4 slots (2 channels) of RAM.
On Channel 1 I installed 8GB (2 sticks of 4GB) RAM DDR3 Unifosa which works at 1333 MHz while Channel 2 is currently empty.
Is my computer going to run into troubles if I install on Channel 2 8GB (2 sticks of 4GB) RAM DDR3 Unifosa which works at 1600 MHz?
All four sticks of RAM would be the same. The only difference between the two Channels would be the frequency (Channel 1 both 1333 and Channel 2 both 1600).
I'm asking because Unifosa 1600 Ram is cheaper than 1333 one.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I've been looking for second hand RAM on Ebay.

Don't forget other outlets like Craigslist, LetGo, Marketplace, etc. Up to right about the time W11 and it's limitations for older systems were announced I was selling Samsung and Crucial sticks for ~$20-25 each. Since, I haven't been able to give them away. Not sure what I have left available, but where are you located?

Reactions: Black7
Feb 6, 2023
Don't forget other outlets like Craigslist, LetGo, Marketplace, etc. Up to right about the time W11 and it's limitations for older systems were announced I was selling Samsung and Crucial sticks for ~$20-25 each. Since, I haven't been able to give them away. Not sure what I have left available, but where are you located?
I'm located in Europe.

punkncat

Polypheme
Ambassador
I'm located in Europe.

Ah, yes completely unaware of the market forces over there. There are a lot of posters that comment about high pricing and poor availability in some sectors.

If this system is Intel based, I would give the best priced similar spec RAM you have found a go. In particular, I would be watching for a return policy if you can find some with it. I have found the 2nd-4th gen Core series to be quite forgiving in respect to mismatched sticks. Don't take as a recommendation so much as my own personal experience.