[SOLVED] Using 2 M.2 NVME's with the X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI

jordow47

Honorable
Mar 6, 2018
I'm thinking about down sizing my PC to a mini-itx build and have been looking into various motherboards. I wanted one that had 2 slots for M.2 NVME drives and settled on the X570 I AORUS PRO WIFI. I will have one drive for boot, and various files, and the other for games and design work.

I want to double check that this is feasible for this particular mobo, as well as if it will potentially bottleneck due to the amount of pcie lanes available as i'm not clued up with that side of PC configuring.

I'm currently running a Ryzen 7 2700x with no overclock, a GTX 1080, 16gb of DDR4 3200mhz RAM, and have no other expansion cards.

I might include another small ssd in the future, as well as upgrading to a Ryzen 3000 in the summer.

Let me know if i'm missing any information, or if you have any recommendations for a different board that will fit my needs, thanks for your help!

Solution
Thanks, I did see that on the specs but I think I've heard that they can be bottle-necked due to the lack of pcie lanes available, do you know if they will be affected performance wise, or will it be unnoticeable?
That is entirely board specific, and the specs on this one say nothing about sharing lanes with the PCIe slots.
Even if it did, unnoticeable.

USAFRet

Titan
Thanks, I did see that on the specs but I think I've heard that they can be bottle-necked due to the lack of pcie lanes available, do you know if they will be affected performance wise, or will it be unnoticeable?
That is entirely board specific, and the specs on this one say nothing about sharing lanes with the PCIe slots.
Even if it did, unnoticeable.

Solution