[SOLVED] Using 2x 1-to-2 PCIE cables to power an RTX 3070

A_Useless_Mess

Honorable
Apr 18, 2016
I recently got my hands on an Asus RTX 3070 KO and online saw some threads about powering -especially 30 series- cards with multiple 8 pin connectors with one cable per connector. My current PSU is a corsair RM750X and while it doesn't have 2 just 1-to-1 8 pin PCIE cables it does have 2x 1-to-2 cables [so basically I plug in one PCIE connector to the PSU and the other end is two daisy-chained together connectors]. If I were to power the GPU with both of these cables and have the remaining end just kinda hanging off, tucked away as best I could would this be fine? If it isn't could someone drop a link to a listing for 2x 1-to-1 PCIE cables? The only ones I managed to find online are cablemod ones and I don't really wanna pay $30 for two cables.

Solution
Yes, you could use one one 6+2-Pin from each cable and leave the other 6+2-Pin hanging or tucked it away.
It is best to use two 8-pin connectors from separate cables, if your PSU have them...otherwise use the cable available on your PSU.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
there really is no reason to use the 2 separate cables from that psu.

there was some issues with some junk psu's years ago, but that is not going to be a problem with your high quality psu. use the single cable and plug both 8 pins to power the card if you wish. won't hurt anything at all and will use less cables.