[SOLVED] Using 3 monitors on a 4 monitor stand, will too much weight be on one side?

bzand7

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018
Hey, im wanting to buy a quad screen stand to use 3 monitors with, configured with 2 on one side one on top of the other and a seperate one on the other side, am i going to experience any issues with too much weight on one side or are they designed to withstand this configuration aswell?

Solution
Hey, im wanting to buy a quad screen stand to use 3 monitors with, configured with 2 on one side one on top of the other and a seperate one on the other side, am i going to experience any issues with too much weight on one side or are they designed to withstand this configuration aswell?
I don't think there is any easy way to know without knowing the stand and the weight of the monitors etc...but...

I would think it was be easy to find a metal bar or something similar that weighed as much as a monitor and attach it it the empty one.
I don't think there is any easy way to know without knowing the stand and the weight of the monitors etc...but...

I would think it was be easy to find a metal bar or something similar that weighed as much as a monitor and attach it it the empty one.

Solution

bzand7

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018

yeah i completely agree, kind of a hard question to answer, the one with two monitors will be against a wall but would still hate to come home and have 3 shattered monitors on the ground hahaha, this one is what i'm looking https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00DGSI5WS/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me= , i have another stand from the same brand that seems sturdy as hell, but still seems risky without having someone that has done it before confirm

bzand7

Commendable
Jan 14, 2018
yeah i completely agree, kind of a hard question to answer, the one with two monitors will be against a wall but would still hate to come home and have 3 shattered monitors on the ground hahaha, this one is what i'm looking https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00DGSI5WS/ref=olp_product_details?_encoding=UTF8&me= , i have another stand from the same brand that seems sturdy as hell, but still seems risky without having someone that has done it before confirm

the single monitor on the opposite side imo will be abit heavier than the the ones that i stack will seperately weigh, they will only be 27" if thats any help

Jul 16, 2020
From your Amazon link, the side image already looks like the stand can handle having all 4 of the monitors handing off of one side (i.e. all 4 monitors hang out the front) although I guess in that case the monitors are not extending that far from the pole whereas with the 3 monitor case, the one extra monitor would extend out the side by more than the 4 monitors extend out the front. Perhaps you could keep the 2 monitors a bit closer to the stand, and the 1 monitor extended a bit further out in order to more evenly distribute the load.

There is also a 3 monitor variant from exactly the same brand that is cheaper:
https://www.amazon.com.au/dp/B00FPR...ails?_encoding=UTF8&me=&qid=1594914961&sr=1-5

To be honest it just looks like exactly the same frame, just with one arm missing.

Last edited: