Using 3 monitors

Ericmaltais

Reputable
Jun 21, 2014
Hi, im currently using a Radeon r9 270x for my graphics card, and im trying to connect 3 monitors on to it. I can use 2 of the monitors but when I try to make the 3rd one a extend display from my desktop it gives me a error message saying that i need to change my display setting. My main monitor is connected to HDMI port and both of my other monitors are connected to a DVI slot, one of them using a VGA to DVI adapter since there is no VGA on the graphics card. IF anybody could help in making my 3rd monitor possible it would greatly appreciated.

Solution
When using more than three monitors you usually have to use a displayport input for one of the monitors. If you don't have a monitor that supports displayport then you'll need an (active) adapter (for mini displayport) or a displayport to HDMI cable.

dovah-chan

Honorable
When using more than three monitors you usually have to use a displayport input for one of the monitors. If you don't have a monitor that supports displayport then you'll need an (active) adapter (for mini displayport) or a displayport to HDMI cable.

Solution

dovah-chan

Honorable
I've tried myself with my own GPU and I had to use my mini displayport.

Anyways I don't really see a way around it. Besides all you need is this. Unless you're going through some hard times I don't see spending a few bucks on a cable being a huge issue.