[SOLVED] Using 3 sticks of ram

Hello,
Recently I got a good deal on a Corsair Vengeance single 8GB ram stick, which is unfortunately mismatched, as it is 3600mhz instead of my other 3200mhz Corsair sticks, however I wouldn't think it would be a problem running them all at 3200mhz. The question is it a bad idea to run tri-channel? I'd think for my purpose it's good as sometimes I go over 10-12GB usage and I mostly use it for Games Development and sometimes play Flight Simulator 2020 and light games. Is there an option or a way of trying to make A2 and B2 run at dual channel mode while the single ram stick runs at single channel to minimize performance loss? Thanks!

My motherboard is an Asus Prime B450ma while the ram sticks are 8GB 3200mhz except the new one which is 3600.

Solution
From the manual, page 1-9 (17 in the PDF)

You may install varying memory sizes in Channel A and Channel B. The system maps the total size of the lower‑sized channel for the dual‑channel configuration. Any excess memory from the higher‑sized channel is then mapped for single‑channel operation.
From this I believe the system will run the pairs you have in dual channel and the third stick in single channel.
D

Deleted member 14196

always a crapshoot with custom ram not bought as a kit. no guarantee it will work at all. maybe you should test it and see if it boot with your new ram, then try setting the timings

From the manual, page 1-9 (17 in the PDF)

You may install varying memory sizes in Channel A and Channel B. The system maps the total size of the lower‑sized channel for the dual‑channel configuration. Any excess memory from the higher‑sized channel is then mapped for single‑channel operation.
From this I believe the system will run the pairs you have in dual channel and the third stick in single channel.

Solution