dj higgumz

Honorable
May 20, 2012
i just got a new power supply and graphics card, power supply - coolmax ap-450x(cx-400) and graphics - geforce 9800gtx

i don't know much about computers other than installing ram, wifi, and sound cards. the card has input for 2 6 pin PCIe power cords. my new psu has one 4 pin PCIe output, and numerous 4 pin molex i think there called (look similar to trailer light plugs). what im wondering is if they are even compatable, the graphics card needs 450 watts, but i was told 400 should be fine.

if they are compatible, would it work if i just plugged in the 4 pin to one 6 pin? it does fit.

i'm not running games or nothin, just need dual monitor for music production and djing. my monitors are 1400 x 900 (widescreen) and 12** x 1024 (4:3). so not huge res, which leads me to another ?- will i need to worry about it needing cooling if i should need the cover off to fit it in?

please explain, i'm a huge noob! :pt1cable:

dj higgumz

Honorable
May 20, 2012
i looked at my motherboard, the 4 pin i talked about in the middle of the post goes to the motherboard. so it looks like i'll be getting an adapter cord. which one do i get? could someone post a link?