Using a converted fiber optic line to connect 2 repeaters together.

friedbob55

Commendable
May 29, 2016
I have a network i am setting up at a large campground via omnidirectional antennas and repeaters. I have about 500 feet between one repeater which has internet and another repeater that needs to get internet. I am using a converter to run a fiber optic cable to each repeater but am not getting internet to the one i need. the settings on the repeaters are a little basic and I'm running low on ideas.

This is the repeater I am using for the project: http://www.amazon.com/TP-LINK-TL-WA801ND-Wireless-300Mbps-Repeater/dp/B004UBU8IE/ref=sr_1_7?s=electronics&ie=UTF8&qid=1462811378&sr=1-7&keywords=wireless+repeater

Solution
You really need to determine if your fiber is working with the laptop test. You should be able to test the config of the AP by using a conventional ethernet cable near the master router. The unit you listed isn't outdoor rated. Would you not be better using something like this -- www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833168118 which is intended for outdoor installation AND has a much more robust feature set?

friedbob55

Commendable
May 29, 2016

Thats one of the things I plan to try today along with playing around with the repeater settings.

kanewolf

Titan
You really need to determine if your fiber is working with the laptop test. You should be able to test the config of the AP by using a conventional ethernet cable near the master router. The unit you listed isn't outdoor rated. Would you not be better using something like this -- www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16833168118 which is intended for outdoor installation AND has a much more robust feature set?

Solution