Using a GPU which needs higher Watts than my Power Supply

Apr 7, 2018
Hi,I bought a pc and gpu a week ago..the first game i tried on it was CSGO..it worked great..but then i decided to play FORTNITE..When i was playing it My Graphic driver crashed and the game stopped working..I searched everywhere and tried a lot of solution but none of them worked...Yesterday i downloaded GTA V and in the middle of the game My Graphic driver crashed AGAIN..
After a lot of searches i found that my graphic card needs more Watts than my PCI have..
I found somewhere that underclocking might fix the issue..So i underclocked my GPU using MSI After Burner but the game still crashed...Do i need to underclock my GPU more and can someone tell me the correct settings for MSI AFTER BURN..
SORRY I AM A NEWBIE :D
My PC SPECS
Core2Quad Q9400 2.86GHz
HP-D2402E0 HP 240 WATTS POWER SUPPLY
8GB DDR3 RAM

MY GPU : Nvidia Gt 730 DDR3 128bits (2GB)
THANKS!

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
You're better off just replacing the power supply.
https://www.geforce.com/hardware/desktop-gpus/geforce-gt-730/specifications
There are 3 different models of the GT 730, but all are recommending at least 300w. You have a an old OEM 240w psu, which I highly doubt is capable of that anymore - these things degrade over time, so it's providing less than 240w.
No amount of undervolting is going to help.

Solution
Down voting the answer will not change things. You have a hungry processor, a weak and aged psu, you're lucky it only crashed.

If someone had suggested that underclocking might help then ask them, I don't believe you'd be able to underclock it enough to make a big enough difference. You'd need to lose perhaps 50w across your whole system.

You currently have this 240 W standard efficiency active PFC (SFF - Small Form Factor):
911YmfKokuL._SL1500_.jpg

You can't fit the 320W standard efficiency active PFC (CMT - Convertible Minitower) PSU into your computer case:
51m00DqWnBL.jpg

There are no after-market PSUs that will fit into an HP Compaq 8000 Elite Small Form Factor computer case. HP uses a custom form factor for that PSU.