[SOLVED] Using a lower mAh battery on my Samsung Champ, causes the battery to bloat.

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
I have a spare battery from a Samsung SM-B105E which is 800 mAh and my Samsung Champ C3303i requires 1000 mAh. I used the other phone's battery since the Samsung Champ's original battery is bloated. I swap batteries on both phones when necessary but most of the time I use it on the Champ. Will it be fine for long term use and is it even safe? What causes the bloating?

Last edited:
Solution
If you use a lower mAh battery....it won't last as long.
As long as the voltage is the same...it shouldn't be a problem.

Bloating can be caused by lots of things. If it's bloated, I wouldn't use it.

testsubject2575

Reputable
Dec 26, 2019
If you use a lower mAh battery....it won't last as long.
As long as the voltage is the same...it shouldn't be a problem.
Both phones support 3.7v battery and the battery I use is 3.7v, I charge it using a 5v 2A charger, is it fine? Is my charger adapter and overcharging the reason?

Also the bloat isn't that large to be afraid of but it is physically obvious when I insert it on the SM-B105E.

Both phones support 3.7v battery and the battery I use is 3.7v, I charge it using a 5v 2A charger, is it fine? Is my charger adapter and overcharging the reason?

Also the bloat isn't that large to be afraid of but it is physically obvious when I insert it on the SM-B105E.
Being I don't know the charging specs on the battery...I can't say for sure...and I think the 5V charger will charge the battery but....2 amps may be too much for that specific battery and also....being that it's 5V.....once the battery gets to 3.7V.....it will start to overcharge.....and that will cause bloating.

Reactions: testsubject2575
It’s going to depend on how smart the charger is in the C3303i, the external ‘charger’ is actually a power supply and the phone has its own charging circuit. Lithium batteries have a maximum recommended charge rate, a charger that only expects a 1000mha battery may charge an 800mha battery at a rate faster than its designed for or at a rate that reduces the number of charge cycles.

Reactions: testsubject2575

TRENDING THREADS