[SOLVED] Using a M2 NVMe in TUF B450M-pro gaming

Aug 6, 2020
Hello!
Verry sorry for my english, i'm from Russia and a learning it ;)

I have a motherboard Asus TUF B450M-pro gaming with a Ryzen 3700X, and i have a questions about using the M2 NVMe ssd, OS is Win10 pro.
I already install Samsung 970 PRO 512Gb, and questions is on UEFI in MB:

1. What is "ami native nvme driver support" and how it work, if I turn it on?
  2. Do i need turn on/off the "boot CSM compability support module" by using my new SSD and an selected OS?
  3. Important question for me: my motherboard have two M2 connectors (M2_1 & M2_2).
in user manual of MB written: "...1. For AMD Ryzen 2nd Generation/Ryzen with Vega graphics/Ryzen 1st generation processors, the M2_1 socket supports PCIe 3.0 x4 mode and SATA mode, M key design, and type 2242/2260/2280 storage device. 2. The M2_1 socket shares bandwidth with the SATA 5/6 ports, and therefore the SATA 5/6 ports cannot be used when an M2 device is installed..."
but no more about Ryzen 3rd gen... Where do I need install SSD with my CPU?

Solution
1| Native drivers supported by the board. The OS installation should install the necessary drivers but you're advised to install this too(scroll down to driver and then NVMe driver) after installing OS.

2| Keep CSM disabled(off)

3| M.2_1
Sep 25, 2019
Hello strongnut, is there any indication if the mobo u have is gen1 or gen2? there seems very the same sobo but asus did not announce or indicate if I have the new g2 or the old g1 version,