[SOLVED] Using a spare SSD for Pagefile, good, bad, indifferent?

AvgWhiteGuy

Reputable
Aug 16, 2016
I have a spare small 117GB SSD laying around and thought about adding it to my current machine (Win10 Pro 64bit - Intel i5-4460 - 32GB - Sandisk 480GB bootdrv) to use purely as a Pagefile.
Does this make any sense and will it provide any real benefits. Any tips on setup if this is a good idea.
If doesn't make a lick of difference, any suggestion on using this spare drive.

Appreciate input, thanks

Solution
It would only make a difference if windows would use heavy paging which is doubtful with such an amount of ram while you would also be doing other heavy file operations at the same time (huge database for example) ,so for any normal user there would be no difference.
Best thing to do is to use it as a recovery drive with a backup of your windows partition if you have windows on a partition.
It would only make a difference if windows would use heavy paging which is doubtful with such an amount of ram while you would also be doing other heavy file operations at the same time (huge database for example) ,so for any normal user there would be no difference.
Best thing to do is to use it as a recovery drive with a backup of your windows partition if you have windows on a partition.

Solution