Using a TV as a monitor through HDMI - Problems

dziire

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Hello,

You may have seen my post yesterday asking about my tv/monitor being stuck at 1026x768. I fixed this by using drivers from 2011 for my gpu, but as you could guess I had to update to play certain games...

When using the old drivers I was able to customize my resolution to 1920x1080 using the nVidia control panel. I can still do this but the quality is extremely bad for text and makes it almost unreadable... I dont understand how updating drivers can change the quality whenn using this.

Any suggestions on how to fix this?

Thanks.

dziire

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Yes, before formatting my PC and installing 8.1 I was able to use 1920x1080. Now when the monitor connects it says native 1026x768 and doesn't allow you to increase or decrease resolution.

Quinnsten

Honorable
May 15, 2014
Have you got the most recent geforce driver installed? check your Geforce Experience see what driver it says you currently have installed is. It should be 344.60 I believe. If you cannot find Geforce Experience for some reason check DXDIAG by typing DXDIAG into the search bar in start menu and go to Display tab and check driver version in there. Best method I would suggest is go into programs totally uninstall all Nvidia drivers download the most recent nvidia driver off the Nvidia website and install that hopefully your resolution should be back to normal :)

dziire

Distinguished
Dec 6, 2012
Thank you for the suggestion, I have reinstalled drivers multiple times and attempted clean starts.

Here is what is weird though, using old nVidia drivers I was able to upscale to 1080p using nVidia Control Panel. On this version 344.60 I CAN still upscale to this size without any black borders or problems BUT text is blurry and unreadable.

Any ideas on how to fix this problem?

Quinnsten

Honorable
May 15, 2014
Not that it should matter too much but what type of a HDMI lead are you using a 1.4 (high speed) lead might help possibly. There normally round the same price as any other hdmi lead about £2ish off ebay, ebuyer or scan.