[SOLVED] Using a TV instead of a monitor

Nov 14, 2019
I'm needing to upgrade to a bigger display screen. My CPU is older (A Dell Inspiron 531 w/ the stock integrated graphics card.)
I need something bigger since I got a work at home job and need a bigger screen than my current 17 inch monitor.
For around 200, I can get a decent 29 in monitor, but I'd prefer a 43 inch TV for the same price.
I'd rather sit back farther away from a bigger screen than closer to a smaller one, so I can reduce eye strain.
Would a bigger TV for the same price be a better solution or would you go for a smaller monitor in the same price range? Im not picky about clarity, my old monitor and TV were plenty sharp, just way too small.
Do VGA to HDMI cables deteriorate the picture quality in case the TV doesn't have VGA inputs?
Thanks in advance

Solution
I used to game on displays back when TVs were pretty much technologically inferior.....but TVs have come a long way!

I'm running a 65" 4K TV and a 55" 1080p TV for gaming and I love them both. It's nice sitting on the couch gaming.....and I combine those with powerful stereos and subwoofers and the gaming is just spectacular in my opinion.
I used to game on displays back when TVs were pretty much technologically inferior.....but TVs have come a long way!

I'm running a 65" 4K TV and a 55" 1080p TV for gaming and I love them both. It's nice sitting on the couch gaming.....and I combine those with powerful stereos and subwoofers and the gaming is just spectacular in my opinion.

Solution
Nov 14, 2019

Thanks. Is there much of a difference between 4k and 1080p?

TRENDING THREADS