Using a USB Bluetooth dongle for phone and PC

mijiperki

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018
Hi, will THIS be a good Bluetooth USB dongle to allow my Bluetooth earphones to connect to my PC to play casual games and watch vidoes?

More importantly, if I use THIS to allow me to plug the same USB Bluetooth dongle into my Nexus5 with broken Bluetooth, will it allow me to be able to connect them to listen to music and watch videos?

Another question just to push my luck c: Does anyone know about the sorts of delay/audio lag that may occur with a setup like this?

Thanks! c:

Solution
The Bluetooth dongle should work just fine in your pc for connecting to your earphones. I use a similar one on my PC to connect my JVC earphones and it works like a charm, I have not noticed any delay or lag either. As for plugging the dongle into your phone no I don't think this will work, they are different size connectors, and then there is the driver issue. If the BT on your phone was working then you could connect your phone to the PC just like your earphones, I do this with my Galaxy S7. A word of caution though if you have a WiFi adapter card in your PC don't put the dongle too close to the WiFi antennas they can cause some interference, and flaky connections with the BT.

On a side note you can also use that BT dongle to...

beoza

Distinguished
Oct 23, 2009
The Bluetooth dongle should work just fine in your pc for connecting to your earphones. I use a similar one on my PC to connect my JVC earphones and it works like a charm, I have not noticed any delay or lag either. As for plugging the dongle into your phone no I don't think this will work, they are different size connectors, and then there is the driver issue. If the BT on your phone was working then you could connect your phone to the PC just like your earphones, I do this with my Galaxy S7. A word of caution though if you have a WiFi adapter card in your PC don't put the dongle too close to the WiFi antennas they can cause some interference, and flaky connections with the BT.

On a side note you can also use that BT dongle to connect the new model XBox One controllers to your PC as they support BT, not just wireless.

Solution

mijiperki

Honorable
Feb 9, 2018

Thanks for the help c: Do you have any ideas for me to be able to add back Bluetooth capabilities to my phone? Can it be done through the micro USB port at all or maybe even through the 3.5mm jack?