[SOLVED] Using a USB C to USB C cable why is it slower than

pectin232

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Using a USB C to USB C cable why is it slower than a USB C (from the enclosure) to USB 3.0? I have a SSD in an enclosure which has a USB C output. I got a USB C cable to USB C cable and another with a USB C to regular size USB 3.0. The copy to any drive was 450Kbps vs 40kbps.. Strangely I thought using a USB C to USB C to the PC would be faster than Using a USB Cto regular USB 3.0. The drive is a 256GB SSD. Anyone care to explain? Isn't USB is 5gbs type 3.1 gen 1

Solution
sometimes the result is different if you use the front panel usb versus when you are using the back panel . check the color of your usb connecting port , see if it's blue (3.0) red (3.1) or else ... like black is gen 2 and white is gen 1 .
of course the fastest would be if your motherboard has a usb c in the back panel and you connect it with an entirely usb c cable

bniknafs9

Honorable
Jan 21, 2019
sometimes the result is different if you use the front panel usb versus when you are using the back panel . check the color of your usb connecting port , see if it's blue (3.0) red (3.1) or else ... like black is gen 2 and white is gen 1 .
of course the fastest would be if your motherboard has a usb c in the back panel and you connect it with an entirely usb c cable

Solution

pectin232

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
I was thinking using a USB C to USB C is faster (somewhat) than USB C to USB 30.. yeah this is a small thing but I believe sometimes it is a little confusing.. I am sure there is going to be USB D E or F in the next few years and Thunderbolt 4-6... Thanks!