[SOLVED] Using all my cores

May 25, 2020
So I been seeing everywhere on YouTube saying how you should enable all of your cores in “msconfig.” But on my motherboard BIOS menu, I can enable all of my cores there. Does it matter which one I choose? What one should I do?

Solution
So I been seeing everywhere on YouTube saying how you should enable all of your cores in “msconfig.” But on my motherboard BIOS menu, I can enable all of my cores there. Does it matter which one I choose? What one should I do?
You should not believe everything you see on YouTube first. By default, Windows will use all your cores. You don't have to do ANYTHING to enable all cores.

kanewolf

Titan
You should not believe everything you see on YouTube first. By default, Windows will use all your cores. You don't have to do ANYTHING to enable all cores.

Solution

USAFRet

Titan
That utube is entirely 100% false.

By default, they are all already available.

In msconfig, if it looks like this with the box unchecked and the greyed out "1"....that is the default and they are all enabled.
aV5qnrG.png

This is also your solution if you want to make sure windows is configured correctly.
There is a difference between bios and windows,the bios will enable all cores in general but if windows doesn't "see" all of them it doesn't matter that the bios has them enabled.

As everybody already said though it's very rare to have a reason to mess with this.