Question Using all of the storage ports on Gigabyte x470 Aourus Gaming Ultra.

gabrieljoria

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Hi, I'm wondering if I can use all of my 6 sata3 ports and the two M.2 connections on my motherboard, so 8 drivers. Currently I am using all the ports(6) and I intend to buy one or two M.2 sata3 ssd's. I heard that it might disable one or two sata ports, is that true? Thanks.

Most X470 boards seem to have enough PCI-e lanes to support multiple NVME M.2 and sufficient SATA ports without disabling any....

Page 7 of your manual indicates this is the case, and makes no mention of any SATA ports being disabled using one or both M.2 NVME slots...(the only stipulation would be that the 2nd M.2 slot would be disabled if a 3rd GPU were installed/used in X4 mode in 3rd full length slot...)

Reactions: gabrieljoria

gabrieljoria

Prominent
Jan 24, 2018
Most X470 boards seem to have enough PCI-e lanes to support multiple NVME M.2 and sufficient SATA ports without disabling any....

Page 7 of your manual indicates this is the case, and makes no mention of any SATA ports being disabled using one or both M.2 NVME slots...(the only stipulation would be that the 2nd M.2 slot would be disabled if a 3rd GPU were installed/used in X4 mode in 3rd full length slot...)
cool, thanks!