Using an ASROCK Mini ITX server motherboard as a stream pc...

Solution

Still. It's going to be maybe just enough to encode the video (at...

QwerkyPengwen

Splendid
Ambassador
Hard to say really.
I don't know what the overall performance of that kind of CPU is when it would come to encoding for a stream.
But going off of it's base specs, I would say you could possibly do 720p 30fps stream at a lower bitrate of like 1500 or something without much issue.

But then again, it could perform worse simply because of the older architecture and the fact that even though it's 8-core 8-thread, it runs at such a low frequency.

I would wait to see what other might have to say about this.

Also depends on what program you are looking to use for the streaming. OBS, Xsplit, SLOBS, etc. Each different type of software can have different requirements for how it handles streaming.

It's a bad idea. That cpu performs about the same as an I5 760 and that cpu can't really stream. Also it's about 400$ for just the cpu and board and for that money you can have something like a ryzen 2200g + motherboard and 8gb of ram which absolutly destroys this old atom.

Sep 15, 2018

I'm buying this motherboard for $90.

Still. It's going to be maybe just enough to encode the video (at 720p30) but it's still weak. You would be far better of getting a complete used dell system with an I5 2400 as that simply wipes the floor with the atom or even a used workstation like a dell T3500 and put a cheap lga 1366 6 core xeon in there which would be the best option.

Solution