[SOLVED] Using applications on external ssd after windows restore

Status
Not open for further replies.

BirdOfParadise

Prominent
Feb 22, 2021
I am currently having an issue with what seems to be a corrupt windows os. I want to either completely rreinstall windows or do a factory reset however I have all of my games and applications installed onto a 1tb external ssd. If I plug the USB ssd out and then do the factory reset, will I be able to boot the apps again after the reset or will I have to do a clean installation of the games again?

Solution
If WIndows is reinstalled or factory reset, apps and games that used to be installed are no longer installed/launchable, despite their presence on the external drive....

I'd not bother with a 'factory reset', as typically this installs an old version of WIndows, dooming oneself to several bouts of even longer WIndows feature updates; if you get the latest ISO on USB via the Media Creation Tool, it will ultimately save time.

Reinstallations are fine.
If WIndows is reinstalled or factory reset, apps and games that used to be installed are no longer installed/launchable, despite their presence on the external drive....

I'd not bother with a 'factory reset', as typically this installs an old version of WIndows, dooming oneself to several bouts of even longer WIndows feature updates; if you get the latest ISO on USB via the Media Creation Tool, it will ultimately save time.

Reinstallations are fine.

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.