using avi files in avid dv

Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

I have Avid Xpress DV Pro and Premiere on the same computer and I just
finished a project on Premiere for which I captured some DV footage.
I would like to use that footage in an Avid project now but I notice that
Avid captured footage uses a different file extension name (and maybe also a
splitting of video and audio to separate files??).
Is there a way to just import the Premiere captured footage into an Avid
project and have it recognized and work correctly? Will it need to be all
renamed?
Thanks for any advice on this.

"Luis ORTEGA" <lortega@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to just import the Premiere captured footage into an Avid
> project and have it recognized and work correctly? Will it need to be all
> renamed?

Luis,
Avid captures in OMFI, whereas Premiere uses DV AVI.
However, if you export your Premiere timeline as AVI, you can then import it
into Avid as it will make the conversion automatically.
I'm swapping files around from Avid into After Effects, even Premiere, with
no problems at all.

Robin

Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

thanks, Robin,
the problem is that i don't want to export the premiere timeline. i captured
a lot of footage in premiere and did an edit and rendered that to a final
avi file as usual, but now i just want to be able to access the raw files
again in avid and work on a totally different edit. i don't just want to
import the premiere timeline.

"Robin Davies-Rollinson" <robin @ffilmiau-fflur.co.uk> wrote in message

> "Luis ORTEGA" <lortega@ntlworld.com> wrote in message
> > Is there a way to just import the Premiere captured footage into an
Avid
> > project and have it recognized and work correctly? Will it need to be
all
> > renamed?
> >

> Luis,
> Avid captures in OMFI, whereas Premiere uses DV AVI.
> However, if you export your Premiere timeline as AVI, you can then import
it
> into Avid as it will make the conversion automatically.
> I'm swapping files around from Avid into After Effects, even Premiere,
with
> no problems at all.
>
> Robin

Archived from groups: alt.video.avid_editors,rec.video.desktop (More info?)

> thanks, Robin,
> the problem is that i don't want to export the premiere timeline. i
captured
> a lot of footage in premiere and did an edit and rendered that to a final
> avi file as usual, but now i just want to be able to access the raw files
> again in avid and work on a totally different edit. i don't just want to
> import the premiere timeline.
you probably need do import all footage into avid (but it doubles needed
space on your drives...)
regards
tomek