Using batch to navigate other programs such as VirtualBox, need Help

takethelantern

Commendable
Nov 6, 2016
Hello world,
I'm new to batch scripting and what I have to do is use batch files to operate other programs, specifically VirtualBox. What i have to do is use batch files to create a virtual machine, so I have to enter the amount of storage, memory, and the quantity of disks that the virtual machine will be running on, all in batch files. I've seen multiple options online where I "call" other batch files for each of those options i want the file to do (i.e. add ram or storage) but also
I've seen controlling everything using one batch file. Now as a beginner I would please on some help and introduction on controlling virtualbox with batch and virtualbox settings.

Solution
To be honest I am somewhat concerned about "doing homework" here. Forum rules prohibit doing homework for posters.

However, that said, it was very easy to google "Virtual Box Batch Manage" and similar words to find examples of such batch files.

My suggestion is to write some batch files, test, etc. and if there is a specific problem or question then post your batch file and explain what is or is not working.

Ralston18

Titan
To be honest I am somewhat concerned about "doing homework" here. Forum rules prohibit doing homework for posters.

However, that said, it was very easy to google "Virtual Box Batch Manage" and similar words to find examples of such batch files.

My suggestion is to write some batch files, test, etc. and if there is a specific problem or question then post your batch file and explain what is or is not working.

Solution