Using Black Cartridge Only

I have a nagging feeling that I’m overlooking something very simple,
but here’s my problem: I just attached my trusty hp deskjet 960c to my
new computer, running XP. My old computer ran ME. In the past, I set
my defaults to print with the black cartridge only, to save on color
cartridges, but now I cannot find that option anywhere in my print
setup. What am I missing? The problem is pressing since my color
cartridge is pretty much empty, while my black cartridge is full! -
Thanks for any help.

Topic URL: http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Black-Cartridge-ftopict367836.html
Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report abuse: http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1187961

Bobster

There are two drivers for your printer that enable use in XP.. one is a
relatively basic driver.. the other may well get you your features back..
try it out..

http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=77146&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21812-1

--
Mike Hall
MVP - Windows Shell/user

http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm

"user5930" wrote:
> Bobster
>
> There are two drivers for your printer that enable use in XP..
> one is a
> relatively basic driver.. the other may well get you your
> features back..
> try it out..
>
> http://h10025.www1.hp.com/ewfrf/wc/softwareDownloadIndex?lc=en&lang=en&cc=us&os=228&product=77146&dlc=en&softwareitem=dj-21812-1
>
> --
> Mike Hall
> MVP - Windows Shell/user
>
> http://dts-l.org/goodpost.htm
>

> "TheBobster" <UseLinkToEmail@WindowsForumz.com> wrote in
> message
> >I have a nagging feeling that I'm overlooking something very
> simple,
> > but here's my problem: I just attached my trusty hp deskjet
> 960c to my
> > new computer, running XP. My old computer ran ME. In the
> past, I set
> > my defaults to print with the black cartridge only, to save
> on color
> > cartridges, but now I cannot find that option anywhere in my
> print
> > setup. What am I missing? The problem is pressing since my
> color
> > cartridge is pretty much empty, while my black cartridge is
> full! -
> > Thanks for any help.
> >
> > --
> > Posted using the http://www.windowsforumz.com interface, at author's
> > request
> standards
> > Topic URL:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/Print---Fax-Black-Cartridge-ftopict367836.html
> > Visit Topic URL to contact author (reg. req'd). Report
> abuse:
> > http://www.windowsforumz.com/eform.php?p=1187961

Thanks, Mike. The new driver solved the problem.

Bobbie

http://www.usenet.com

You're welcome..

--