Using Chrome, get Error for only one website

Melissa Reagan

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
I normally use Chrome on Windows 10 PC. I can access any website but one, Advance Auto Parts. I was able to use it until about 2 months ago and then I started getting this error message:

Bad Request

Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand.
Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.
Cookie

I cleared cache, temp files, added it as a trusted site, still won't work. Works on Firefox on same computer. Chat person from Advance Auto told me to clear cache, etc., and said it was a server error on my end, not their problem.

I don't like Firefox or Edge as all my stuff runs best on Chrome, just want to figure out why I can't get to this one site, which I use a fair amount for ordering parts. Chrome is updated, I only have a few windows open, I use Webroot for virus protection, and it's only been recently that this happened, but again, not to any other website, just this one. Any help would be appreciated. Oh I use Charter Broadband for internet and I am directly connected, not wireless.

Solution
You could try Opera, it uses same engine as Chrome and most of the same add ons as well.

http://www.opera.com/

Mind you, it could hit same error as you getting with chrome.

Melissa Reagan

Distinguished
Feb 24, 2015
Advance Auto finally got back to me after a month and said there was no problem with my account and it should work fine. It does not, and I let them know. Their response was to use another browser. Pretty stupid, it's the only website that doesn't work on Chrome when it did justover a month ago. They have a problem and won't acknowledge or fix it.