[SOLVED] Using Corsair ll120 fans with or without Corsair commander pro

Kairosmic

Reputable
Jul 29, 2020
So with my Corsair iCUE 465x case, since it comes with 3 ll120 fans, i am planning on buying 3 more. My mobo doesnt have enough 4 pin connector slots, so i was going to buy 2 1 to 3 splitter cables to use all 6 fans from 2 motherboard connectors. Am i able to do that without the commander pro? With these fans, each has 2 connectors. One goes to the lighting node that comes with the case, and the other is the power connector. Can i just get 2 splitter cables with 3 connectors and be able to run all 6? Or would i need a commander pro? dont really want to use 75$ on something that i can just buy splitter cables for.

Solution
The lighting node is for the RGB lights and yes you can run all the 6 fans with the splitters, i heard that the header on the mobo is 1A you can't plug more than that and the single LL120 fan has 0.3A so you can do it

zTohka

Reputable
May 20, 2019
The lighting node is for the RGB lights and yes you can run all the 6 fans with the splitters, i heard that the header on the mobo is 1A you can't plug more than that and the single LL120 fan has 0.3A so you can do it

Solution