using external widescreen laptop with Dell C600 laptop

I have an old Latitude C600 laptop, which I have just connected to a
1280x768 widescreen LCD-TV.

The problem is that the ATI drivers do not seem to support this resolution,
so the 1024x768 picture is distorted when I output the signal to the LCD TV.

I downloaded the latest video drivers from the Dell site, but this didn't
change the range of modes available (which were only the modes that the
laptop's own screen can display).

Does anyone know if it's possible to get the aspect ratio correct, or if
I'll need to get a new widescreen laptop to achieve this?

Thanks.

BTN

Did you try ATI's drivers?

"Sir Benjamin Nunn" <bennunn@depro.co.uk> wrote in message
>I have an old Latitude C600 laptop, which I have just connected to a
>1280x768 widescreen LCD-TV.
>
> The problem is that the ATI drivers do not seem to support this
> resolution, so the 1024x768 picture is distorted when I output the signal
> to the LCD TV.
>
> I downloaded the latest video drivers from the Dell site, but this didn't
> change the range of modes available (which were only the modes that the
> laptop's own screen can display).
>
> Does anyone know if it's possible to get the aspect ratio correct, or if
> I'll need to get a new widescreen laptop to achieve this?
>
> Thanks.
>
> BTN

Go to the ATI sight and dowload their program called Hydravision, it may
help.

Andy