Question Using GPU performance through CPU's integrated graphics.

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
So, long story short, long ago my GPU started failing when it comes to image, the resolution is locked to 640x480, and the screen looks all choppy, but I've tested it and it's performance is still the same. I was wondering if it is possible to use its power through the CPU's iGPU, I know it wouldn't be anything remotely near to optimal, but it surely would be better than no GPU at all. I got this idea out of one vid from Linus, where he uses a Chinese mining GPU with no output ports, all through the CPU's iGPU.

PapaCrazy

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2011
Personally, not sure of a way to do this other than switching to iGPU for the monitor, and then going into individual apps like Adobe Premiere to specify a GPU for hardware acceleration. Not sure this would work, but worth a shot. It wouldn't be much use for gaming though.

Sounds like the GPU has a bad output port. Have you tried switching to a different port? I might even try to spray some De-Oxit inside the bad port, in case oxidation is interrupting the signal.

LauroSalvatore

Reputable
Jul 14, 2019
Personally, not sure of a way to do this other than switching to iGPU for the monitor, and then going into individual apps like Adobe Premiere to specify a GPU for hardware acceleration. Not sure this would work, but worth a shot. It wouldn't be much use for gaming though.

Sounds like the GPU has a bad output port. Have you tried switching to a different port? I might even try to spray some De-Oxit inside the bad port, in case oxidation is interrupting the signal.
Sadly the issue is not in the port, it's in the GPU itself, the core has a little cracked bump.