[SOLVED] Using HDMI screen goes blank when open some apps or close them

mbootherstone83

Commendable
Jan 18, 2019
Hi

When I open lets say Netflix my screen will go black for a second or two then show up and does the same when I close it.

Happens every time I use HDMI cable.

Any ideas how to fix this?

CPU: AMD Ryzen 5 2600
GPU: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1050 Ti

Thanks

Solution
I have fixed it for netflix in the control panel of NVIDIA

Adjust desktop color settings:

Content type reported to the display changed to full screen videos

Will test out more on other programs

Lutfij

Titan
First make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10. Following which, download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to remove the drivers from the platform and reinstall the drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Happens everytime using Hdmi cable, does that mean you've tried other cable types this doesn't happen with?

Could be fullscreen optimisation thing Windows 10 offers. Try disable it under compatibility options for whichever app (exe file) you use.

mbootherstone83

Commendable
Jan 18, 2019
First make sure you're on the latest BIOS update for your motherboard. Then make sure you're on the latest version of Windows 10. Following which, download the latest drivers from Nvidia's support site, use DDU to remove the drivers from the platform and reinstall the drivers manually, in an elevated command, i.e Right click installer>Run as Administrator. See if that helps.

Hi It has been updated and all up to scratch still seems to go blank screen for a second when I start to watch a netflix movie tried new cable same.

mbootherstone83

Commendable
Jan 18, 2019
I have fixed it for netflix in the control panel of NVIDIA

Adjust desktop color settings:

Content type reported to the display changed to full screen videos

Will test out more on other programs

Reactions: boju
Solution