prolfe

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Hey everybody I have a quick question. In my job function, it is necessary for me to access other machines on my network to, for example, copy off someone's profile to a network share, or drop a file on a desktop, or alter NTFS permissions on a server fileshare. I have an administrative account, which I use to do those things, but regulations where I work prohibit me from logging into my workstation with an administrative account 24X7; I am forced to use a regular account and "run as" my admin account to do things. I currently use IE 6, which works fine with "run as", but the company will be releasing IE 7 soon. I have not been able to find a way to use IE 7 for file maintenance on the network; it will run as, but when you type a \\servername address, it opens a new window with the rights of the locally logged in user. Does anyone know of a way to work around this?

Thanks in advance!

prolfe

Distinguished
Jan 9, 2005
Thanks for everyone who looked this one over; I know it was a tricky one. I have found a solution on it (more of a workaround, really). I went into Folder Options on my Admin account and checked "launch folder windows in a separate process", so that I could launch multiple instances of explorer.exe. This way I can use Windows Explorer directly to work on network shares, and use IE for Internet surfing only.