Question Using intel xtu to add voltage ,what will happen if pc crash

mikelearnpop

Honorable
Feb 4, 2016
I tried to overclock my i3-9350kf . I set in bios 'cpu core voltage' to 1.34V, but what happend is in wondows 10 cpuz showed it's just 1.255v ,that is much lower than my bios setting . I have set LLC to line 1 (the best of ASrock motherboard ) .SO, trying to use intle xtu to add voltage , will set 'core voltage offset' to 0.01 and more and more. My question is what will happen if the pc crash ? I will not be able to redo it because i can't run into windows .
Or do you have other good tricks to let the voltage go up ?

I tried to overclock my i3-9350kf . I set in bios 'cpu core voltage' to 1.34V, but what happend is in wondows 10 cpuz showed it's just 1.255v ,that is much lower than my bios setting .
The Volts will only go up when the CPU needs it,run the prime benchmark or something to see if V will reach the amount you have set in bios.
XTU only affect you CPU after windows has loaded so if it crashes on next boot up enter safe mode so that xtu doesn't start and change the values,or set it up to not even start with windows.

andypouch

Prominent
Oct 16, 2019
I tried to overclock my i3-9350kf . I set in bios 'cpu core voltage' to 1.34V, but what happend is in wondows 10 cpuz showed it's just 1.255v ,that is much lower than my bios setting . I have set LLC to line 1 (the best of ASrock motherboard ) .SO, trying to use intle xtu to add voltage , will set 'core voltage offset' to 0.01 and more and more. My question is what will happen if the pc crash ? I will not be able to redo it because i can't run into windows .
Or do you have other good tricks to let the voltage go up ?
Excuse me, mikelearnpop; see you're a 9350K user. I'm planning a build and comparing CPUs mainly Intel.
Just like to know, is this CPU overclocking well? I mean what's the maximum frequency you managed to get?

Also, I notice that officially, the supported memory type is 2400 MHz. What speed you're using for your memory kit? I wonder if it can run with a 3000MHz Cl15 kit.
Thanks for your reply in advance.

Prior to every shutdown, an XTU config file is checked for successful annotation, meaning the XTU config file is again enabled....

In the event of any stability crash, as this file will not be annotated, during the next boot, XTU defaults back to stock/no alterations/default values...(seems to work VERY WELL in my experience with 7700K overclocking, as any blue screen resulted in starting over in XTU settings)

TRENDING THREADS