Using laptop 2 hours on 0% on battery.

Kraspeto

Honorable
Feb 25, 2015
So i bought second hand Hp Pavilion 15 cx0034nu.
It's battery like 5 days ago on the pictures was charged and hold charge.
When he send it here the Temperature was under 0, around -5,-7. And it sayed a night like this.
When i was testing it in the delivery office it wouldnt turn on on battery,it turned when i plugged it in the wall socket.
I got home with it,plugged it,it showed error 601,ambient temperature is causing battery issue or the battery is old.
We tried everything it stays at 0% available.
And when you unplug it stays on 0% around hour or so using it on performance mode.
I released the static,
Reset the bios,uninstalled battery drivers, reinstall,run it in linux,nothing,hp support shows no battery found.
Laptop is usable on 0% and doesn't charge any higher.

From a Google I see that laptop uses a Li-Po chemistry battery. These have a high power density but are more susceptible to damage. Generally a Li-Po that has been taken down close to zero will see its voltage drop to zero and may suffer damage. At this point the battery could be damaged or it could be because the voltage has dropped below a safety threshold the charging circuit won't charge it. Li-Po are more likely to burst into fire if mistreated than other lithium batteries. At this point you should treat the battery as dead, it is not safe to try and revive it.

Kraspeto

Honorable
Feb 25, 2015
Update: I played a game while showing 0% without the charger and it just power itself off.
After that i turned it on and unpluged it again, afterwards it directly went off(typical dead battery scenario)
Then i powered it on and left it on charger while playing,now when i looked it charged to 57 % and still going, everything is ok now.