using laptop hdd in pc build, can it couse my problem?

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018
i'm on low budget and i'm buying used parts and building pc. to avoid buying hdd and saving money, i use HDD from my old laptop. when i tried to power on the machine it had no problems, but when i go to normal, or safe mode, the pc is restarting itself on windows loading screen. on another forum people said i need to do sysprep on the hdd.

and one more thing, i'm not sure if the 24pin was pluged in corectly, can this couse the problem?

thx for your time :)

USAFRet

Titan

As mentioned in your other thread....a clean install of the OS is what you need to do.
Sysprep may work. It may also kill off all your critical data, or not do what you need at all.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

and can the 24pin be the problem? i will buy hdd and do clean install than :)

If the 24pin isn't plugged in properly, it not hard to see if this is true or not. If it is plugged in, it won't come out when you pull on it. If you pull on it and it comes out, then it wasn't plugged in.
Also Laptop HDDs are incredibly slow, so although you are on a budget, and I understand that. If you can get a proper SSD or even a second hand 64GB SSD (minimum) for windows 10 install that will make a huge difference to how your computer starts up and runs.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

SSD? core2quad, gtx 560 and SSD? are you sure thats balanced?

SSD brings your computer to life, the larger you get the more you can store on it.
You could use your ageing 2.5" laptop HDD as a storage device, but you should ideally get a 120GB SSD minimum (if you can afford it) but obviously the bigger you get the more you can store on it. Running windows on an SSD is quite crucial though, because of swap files and all the little files needed.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

My max budget for my pc is lower then the price of a 2gb ssd. XD
also an ssd isnt an extra heart/soul for my pc, it doesnt work like dark souls mate.
Im pretty sure my motherboard doesnt even have an m.2 slot, so ill have to get a pci e ssd which im better off buying a brain for you.

USAFRet

Titan

SSD's come in regular SATA III connections. No m.2 required.
But an SSD is not "required" at your budget level.

Just get the system actually working. Worry about an SSD later.

Wtf you talking about? Why would you be buying an M2 - you obviously know little to nothing (closer to nothing) about computers. I offered you some sound advice.
No idea why you think you need an m2 slot and a pci e card.... absolutely no clue at all...
Medication missing?
60gb SSD - $23 https://pcpartpicker.com/product/VNsmP6/tcsunbow-x3-60gb-25-solid-state-drive-x3-60gb
Even though your pathetic attempts to insult me fail miserably (probably like your life) and I still give you a link on where to buy one.

nenadilievski72

Commendable
Mar 5, 2018

i'm not trying to insult you in anyway. but if you are in it, maybe i know little about computers and that is mostly cuz im 14, but i can't find any logic in putting ssd in bulid that is at the same price range as the gpu i will get. sorry if you though i was trying to insult you, i was not

TRENDING THREADS