Question Using laptop to access Nokia AirScale baseband has IP address range limitation ?

zillah

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Dear folk

Using a laptop to access Nokia AirScale baseband we normally assign 192.168.255.130/24 and no issue for accessing web interface of the device.

When I assigned my laptop IP address 192.168.22.10/24 access won’t be granted to access the web interface ?

Connected is direct from the laptop Ethernet to local management port (LMP port) of the Airscale ,,,,no gateway ip ddress required and no dhcp involvement

View: https://imgur.com/a/hTMnYf3

In general how a hardware can control that ?

Thx

Last edited:

kanewolf

Titan
Dear folk

Using a laptop to access Nokia AirScale baseband we normally assign 192.168.255.130/24 and no issue for accessing web interface of the device.

When I assigned my laptop IP address 192.168.22.10/24 access won’t be granted to access the web interface ?

Connected is direct from the laptop Ethernet to local management port (LMP port) of the Airscale ,,,,no gateway ip ddress required and no dhcp involvement

View: https://imgur.com/a/hTMnYf3

In general how a hardware can control that ?

Thx
This seems like a homework problem because it has MANY things that are not valid in real life like an invalid subnet.
This same question was posted to four different forums in the past day.
No help for homework here.

Reactions: pattttyyyyyy83
Are you sure there is not some restriction that requires the IP to be that one particular IP.

This is a commercial device that you generally must be a large telco to own because of all the government restrictions of use of cellular transmissions. Most times even the manuals for this type of equipment is locked behind some paywall, partially to reduce hackers.

You likely pay Nokia some large support contract on this equipment. I would contact them and see what they have to say.

zillah

Distinguished
Dec 24, 2005
Are you sure there is not some restriction that requires the IP to be that one particular IP.
I will investigate that

This is a commercial device that you generally must be a large telco to own because of all the government restrictions of use of cellular transmissions. Most times even the manuals for this type of equipment is locked behind some paywall, partially to reduce hackers.
You spotted and what you have mentioned is an answer to kanewolf
NOT a real life situation, a homework problem.

You likely pay Nokia some large support contract on this equipment. I would contact them and see what they have to say.
I can conntact them and dig till I reach the right person might take one month back and forth emails ,,,,but you gave me a hint by accessing the device and searching for its network settings (LAN settings)