Question Using LCD as Light Source

Jul 21, 2019
Hello,
I have a LJ96-06209G (~15.6") LCD display that I want to use in "flashlight" mode (all white, bright as possible) to serve as an illumination source for a 3D scanner (Matter and Form v.2, https://matterandform.net/scanner). The biggest problem with this scanner seems to be illuminating the object to be scanned on the turntable evenly and without shadows. This is almost impossible with ambient lighting, but I think if I replace the panel behind the camera/laser assembly with an all white LCD screen, it will provide much more even illumination. The screen has a 30-pin connector and I have no tech info that tells me the pin-out. Can I do this? If the concept works, I will get with M&F to see if a somewhat smaller screen (unspecified, but would be about 6" x 9", ~10.5" diag.) could be integrated with their scanning routine such that the portion of the screen directly behind the camera as it rises and falls is turned off to eliminate any shadowing from it.

Jul 21, 2019
OK, thanks. I once had a phone app that turned the entire screen on solid white as a flashlight rather than using the camera flash in a continuous mode. It was surprisingly bright and effective so it seemed a tablet size screen properly set up could also be effective.