Question Using Lian Li Strimerplus for other led strips.

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
This is a bit complicated task, I have been using Lian Li strimerplus and works well, and I recently updated my case and with all the components I have the strimerplus cables won't fit anymore, lianli adapter has a power input from sata and argb input from Mobo to sync with Mobo software and it can also make its own cool effects which I liked well and it also has an output to connect to other argb strips but only has D and G output but not 5v output, I like the effects it has built in and want to use it for my argb fans, argb res and cpu block and case lighting and I am currently using a standalone argb controller from China powered by molex and that does not have exciting effects like lianli does, I have a argb splitter that connects to all components but since there is no 5v output from lianli I am thinking of wiring 5v from the Chinese argb controller that can handle wattage from all the argb components I want to use to the splitter and then wire the D and G from lianli to the splitter but I am concerned that 5v and ground are from different circuits but are within the same 6 pin psu cable and will this cause any damage, thank you for any suggestions.

Lutfij

Titan
If I were you, I'd stick to the ecosystem that the devices are meant to work under. Since the Strimerplus has it's own proprietary connector, this means that they have a specific set of strips that will work with it. If you know what you're doing, then go ahead but IMHO, people who ask around aren't sure of what to do...ofc, but they also don't realize that a mistake(especially when it comes to power) can lead to more than just fried cables(read more like a paper weight the size of your PC).

That being said, if you read through the manual for the LianLi Strimerplus controller, here, you should be able to connect WS28128 LED strips to the controller without the need for power. The worst that would happen is that you waste 50USD(at most) as opposed to having lost maybe 1,5000USD.

Reactions: lingarajug

lingarajug

Distinguished
Dec 21, 2013
I am aware that lianli supports a specific led without power output but I could not find them in the correct dimensions that fit my case, I was under impression that any 5v argb strips would work coz the lianli adapter is also 5v as far as I am aware, thank you, I will try looking for those specific model led strips.