Using Linksys router to manage U-verse Wifi

kingsleyaihe

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017
I have a ATT U-verse provided modem But i'd like to setup my linksys ea6300 so that it I can utilize the linksys firmware and use Qos.(The U-verse provided modem doesnt support Qos) I have multiple tablets running youtube being used in the house that interfere with my gaming bandwidth. How do I go about using the Linksys router, Would bridge mode be an option?
Cheers

Solution
That is a fairly nice router supports all the newest wireless, didn't know they were using that. I have not read the manual but it is too bad if it does not contain QoS.

You would have to ask ATT if you can replace it but I strongly suspect this is one of them you can not. Most times its their VDSL connections they do not allow you do replace. I know they use the router to provide functionality to their set top box for cable and for the VoIP phone. They do not want you messing those things up.
It depends which of the many things att calling uverse you have. In those cases where you are not allowed to replace there router you can also not put it in true bridge mode. The best option tends to be to put your second router behind theres, disable the wifi. Then use the DMZ option in the att router and point it at the wan port of your second router.

You still have router behind router but it is going to be the best you can do on some att connections. If the device has a bridge mode then you can try that but if this is one of those connections they do not allow you to replace the router it will not have the bridge option...at least that you can see they have hidden it with a different level of admin.

kingsleyaihe

Prominent
Nov 18, 2017

I have the pace 5268AC router/modem
Do u think I could replace it with the Linksys?

That is a fairly nice router supports all the newest wireless, didn't know they were using that. I have not read the manual but it is too bad if it does not contain QoS.

You would have to ask ATT if you can replace it but I strongly suspect this is one of them you can not. Most times its their VDSL connections they do not allow you do replace. I know they use the router to provide functionality to their set top box for cable and for the VoIP phone. They do not want you messing those things up.

Solution