Using Liquid Metal?

Fragmet

Reputable
Jan 9, 2017
So I know when delidding the common thing is to use liquid metal. I'm planning on delidding my 7700k soon and was curious as to how long the liquid metal will last. thank you!

Solution
My Googling suggests at least three years but I couldn't find anybody that said it NEEDED to be replaced ever.

I don't recommend delidding the i7-7700K as a good CPU cooler (good air or liquid) should get you most or all of the performance that your particular silicon lottery allows (i.e. 4.8GHz).

You also VOID the warranty of the CPU.

80degC is the real-world usage Intel recommends you don't exceed so if you test with a near 100% Handbrake (not Prime95) then what FREQUENCY can you get already out of your CPU?

If it's for FUN or whatever that's fine. I just want you to have more info to decide on as again liquid metal MIGHT NOT give any performance boost.
My Googling suggests at least three years but I couldn't find anybody that said it NEEDED to be replaced ever.

I don't recommend delidding the i7-7700K as a good CPU cooler (good air or liquid) should get you most or all of the performance that your particular silicon lottery allows (i.e. 4.8GHz).

You also VOID the warranty of the CPU.

80degC is the real-world usage Intel recommends you don't exceed so if you test with a near 100% Handbrake (not Prime95) then what FREQUENCY can you get already out of your CPU?

If it's for FUN or whatever that's fine. I just want you to have more info to decide on as again liquid metal MIGHT NOT give any performance boost.

Solution