[SOLVED] Using MikroTik RBLHGG-60adkit 60GHz

Aug 1, 2019
TLDR; I’m beaming internet to my house and need to figure out how to turn that signal into WiFi

Okay, so my first time on this forum but I’ll give out the best informations i can with what I know (which isn’t that much). So my parents house is currently supplied Spectrum wired internet. Spectrum says it comes from the power lines. They routinely get speeds around 200 download/ 20 Upload. My girlfriend and I live about 150 yards away from my parents house into the woods in a small cabin and thus about 175 yards from the nearest power line. My dad who works construction was talking with an IT guy at work who recommended we use something that can “beam” the signal out to our house, which does have a pretty clear path. He recommended the MikroTik RBLHGG-60adkit 60GHz, which is like two little paired satellites that beam and receive the signal. As the IT guy said he has used that specific model before in California to get WiFi to campgrounds. So this week we got them in the mail, wired the houses up with ethernet and mounted the sites. The lights seem to indicate that they are accurately aiming at each other and sending a signal. My real problem is when we get to my house which is the receiving site. Should I be using any specific router to wire the signal to? I’m using an personal older router we had from a previous ISP and then now one my brother bought and never figured out. Both are obviously passworded and I can’t unlock them. They both are sending out a signal when I hook them up appropriately because I can see it on my iPhone, but I just want to make sure I get this right. Any recommendations if I need to buy a modem and a router together or if I need to purchase anything else? Thank you for all input, I’ll try and answer any questions.

Solution
You should be able to factory reset either of these routers to allow you to configure them. That is the place to start.

But if the link is working, you should be able to hook a laptop ethernet directly to the output of the Mikrotik and get ethernet. That is the simplest test.

kanewolf

Titan
You should be able to factory reset either of these routers to allow you to configure them. That is the place to start.

But if the link is working, you should be able to hook a laptop ethernet directly to the output of the Mikrotik and get ethernet. That is the simplest test.

Solution