Using MSN MessengerVideo Conference with DLink DI604

I have a DLink DI604 router. Its working perfectly well for connecting
several machines to the internet.

However, i have some problems getting a Video Conference with people .
Sometime sit connects sometimes it doesnt. Sometimes The top screen is
black and i can only see myself.

I am using Windows XP Pro SP2 and have no firewalls enabled. I heard you
can open certain ports for Messenger video & audio to work. Is that
correct? And if so, how is this done?

Thanks to all in advance

Joe

LeRoy

There is a MVP site on this. You need to install version
6.2 and turn on UPNP in both the router and Windows to
allow Messenger to open the firewall UDP ports. It also
necessary for file transfers.

Greetings,

The DI-604 also supports UPnP, but may require a firmware update:
http://support.dlink.com
Jonathan Kay
Associate Expert